Description of the municipality

Thanks to its relative importance close to Logroño, Lardero has recently become a dormitory town where industry plays a key role, allowing it to grow, cover more territory and increase its population.

 

Thanks to the archaeological discoveries made there, and others in the surrounding area, it is believed that first settlers of the town were the Celts, between the 8th and 7th centuries BC.

 

To stop it becoming depopulated, Lardero was incorporated into Logroño in 1350.

 

Later on, it appointed its first mayor in 1645, was named a ‘villa’ in 1820 and became independent from Logroño again in 1834.

Location
42°25′34″N 2°27′41″O

Area
20,36 km²

Altitude
438 m

Climatology
Continental suavizado, de transición

Enotouristic Resources

- Iglesia de San Pedro

- Basílica de San Marcial

- Cementerio civil de La Barranca



Lardero ON IMAGES

Gallery

ACTIVITIES

Places of interest