Description of the municipality
Tudelilla is a small municipality characterized by a uniform landscape of plains dotted with vineyards and olive groves, and where the tradition and culture of wine is felt, not only in the landscape but also in its neighbourhood of wineries and cellars. The village puts great emphasis on its heritage, customs, inhabitants and future.
The main economic activity has been, and still is, agriculture, mainly grapes and olives.
Despite suffering a general fall in population in recent years, together with the ageing of its inhabitants (a common phenomenon in the rural environment), the local council, working with a number of socio-economic stakeholders, has made efforts to maintain the population in the widest sense of the word, setting up projects and initiatives in different areas such as:
- Putting a brake on depopulation, improving socio-community services and the quality of life of the locality’s inhabitants.
- Renewing and adapting municipal infrastructures and facilities.
- A commitment to tourism and environmental awareness.
- Support for local businesses, entrepreneurship and cooperation with other social and economic stakeholders in the area.
- Valorisation of local endogenous resources.
- Iglesia de San Matías
- Ermita de Santa Bárbara