Description of the municipality
Leiva is located in the valley/basin of the River Tirón, one of the tributaries of the Ebro, which means its economy is based on agriculture, both irrigated and dry.
Some of the first routes used to travel the St James’ Way to Santiago were precisely Roman roads. One passed through Leiva, and there are still some traces of it there.
- Castillo-Palacio de los señores de Leiva
- Ermita de la Virgen Peregrina
- Fundación Juan de Dios Oña
- Iglesia de la Purificación de Santa María
- Puente románico sobre el río Tirón
- Embalse de Leiva